From: Mary Cornell <BlueGenes@att.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005061310:22:21
Subject: Simple Addition

What is so difficult about adding two numbers?  If enough practice is
given to children in adding two numbers, they will automatically learn
to add longer numbers.  We must remember that addition never goes
higher than 9 + 9.  Or is it possible that non-gifted children are
being exposed to addition and subtraction before their brain is ready
to accept the concept of addition?  I'm a school volunteer, and I feel
that normal children are being pushed too quickly to learn the concept
of addition and subtraction.  Also, they are being required to add
longer numbers before they have learned their times tables.

I've never been a math genius, but my son (38) still thanks me for
making him learn his times tables, without which he would be unable to
perform his trade.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®