From: Donna Salter <d_salter@bellsouth.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001092912:59:32
Subject: support for a first year teacher (math)

	I am barely keeping my head above water as a first-year teacher in a
fairly tough school environment.  Colleagues are wonderful; I am
blessed in that.  My main problem is simply that I feel overwhelmed
with students who have pretty much taken control, and, of course,  all
the paperwork, grading, etc.; I am not an organized person. Plus, I
like math, but I'm not passionate about it.  I've started some
terrific looking books, like "Marvels of Math," in hopes of having
some exciting stories/ideas to motivate the kids.  I need to implement
a reward (nontangible) system, but somehow, I've not gotten around to
it! Any suggestions? Thank you.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®