Q&A #3758

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teacher Knowledge

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Donna Salter

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001092912:59:32
Subject: support for a first year teacher (math)

I am barely keeping my head above water as a first-year teacher in a fairly tough school environment. Colleagues are wonderful; I am blessed in that. My main problem is simply that I feel overwhelmed with students who have pretty much taken control, and, of course, all the paperwork, grading, etc.; I am not an organized person. Plus, I like math, but I'm not passionate about it. I've started some terrific looking books, like "Marvels of Math," in hopes of having some exciting stories/ideas to motivate the kids. I need to implement a reward (nontangible) system, but somehow, I've not gotten around to it! Any suggestions? Thank you.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®