From: Loyd <loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002021321:30:07
Subject: Re: Re: teaching capacity, volume

To my knowledge, capacity and volume are the same thing.  By the way,
Kraft mayonaise jars come in cup, pint and quart sizes.  That is what
I use for those measures.  Many kids are not familiar with these sizes
now a days.

Usually, we think of volume in terms of a container with length, width
and depth or other shapes such as cylinders and spheres.  Maybe some
teachers think of capacity in terms of irregular containers such as
those used for liquid.  Coke bottles for instance.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/