Q&A #4319

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Estimation: Order of Magnitude, Compensation

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Erin Davis

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007103000:09:52
Subject: Estimation (3rd grade)

My little girl is a brilliant "straight A" third grade student and she really struggled with estimation. I spent several hours working with her to help her understand. I read all the "easy" ways to teach elementary estimation on this website...surely there is an even simpler way to teach it. I used "halloween candy" and one sister giving it to the other to make it easier to count. Has anyone found a simpler way to make them "see" what you mean? She has never come home asking for help with math and this time I think she still doesnt completely get the concept. It is a "simple" concept at this level, but it seems so difficult to her. I think your site and the teachers on it are brilliant and I was quite happy to find it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®