From: Erin Davis <erin.davis@twtelecom.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007103000:09:52
Subject: Estimation (3rd grade)

My little girl is a brilliant "straight A" third grade student and she
really struggled with estimation.  I spent several hours working with
her to help her understand.  I read all the "easy" ways to teach
elementary estimation on this website...surely there is an even
simpler way to teach it.

I used "halloween candy" and one sister giving it to the other to make
it easier to count.  Has anyone found a simpler way to make them "see"
what you mean?

She has never come home asking for help with math and this time I
think she still doesnt completely get the concept.  It is a "simple"
concept at this level, but it seems so difficult to her.

I think your site and the teachers on it are brilliant and I was quite
happy to find it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®