From: Zenchess

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007051217:37:15
Subject: Re: Racist Tendencies to Discredit Non-European Practices

Why are you accusing this man of racism? He made perfectly valid criticisms about 'vedic math'. Even hindu scholars have made the same critcisms. The fact is no-one has been able to locate these 'ancient sutras' that vedic math uses. On the other hand, I think Vedic math is an interesting system, even if other systems exist. I just don't see why the false claim that these are 'ancient' teachings needs to be promoted, when there is no evidence of that. If you have evidence - please, show it to me and to the world so people will stop making these criticisms.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/