From: Zenchess
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007051217:37:15
Subject: Re: Racist Tendencies to Discredit Non-European Practices

Why are you accusing this man of racism?  He made perfectly valid
criticisms about 'vedic math'.  Even hindu scholars have made the same
critcisms.  The fact is no-one has been able to locate these 'ancient
sutras' that vedic math uses.

On the other hand, I think Vedic math is an interesting system, even
if other systems exist.  I just don't see why the false claim that
these are 'ancient' teachings needs to be promoted, when there is no
evidence of that.  If you have evidence - please, show it to me and to
the world so people will stop making these criticisms.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/