From: Robin

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001110815:35:40
Subject: RE: Decorating my classroom

Here's a couple of ideas I use: 1. Cut a tree trunk from brown construction paper. Cover board with blue paper at the top, and some green paper at the bottom. Staple tree trunk in middle of board. Next, I write the rules for divisibility out on individual apples. On another apple, I write the number for the rule. Staple the apples with the rules onto the tree, and then staple the number ontop of this. This creates a flip chart for the rules. 2. For Halloween, I put black paper on the board. Staple a skeleton on one side. Microsoft Word has a graphic of cross bones. I printed this, enlarged, and made several copies. Cut these out, lamenate, and use as the boarder for the display. Using white letters, I place the words "No Bones About It...Math Is Spook- tacular!" The students love this one! I have a few others, if you would like pictures, or written instructions, please feel free to email me at FL_rstutes@omalp1.omeresa.net with mailing instructions, and I would gladly send some ideas. And...maybe you could share some you have discovered as well. Thanks! Robin

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/