From: Mrs. Curry <thomasine_wallace@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004120614:33:42
Subject: math

My Son is in the 3rd grade just learning to work math solving problem.
He read the problem and just don't unstand how to go about to work it
out. for example I visit his classroom today! they had a problem the
teacher gave them.

If John had $20.00 and he brought something for $ 7.00 dollars
how much change does he get back?

I know he could do this, but most of the kids in the classroom did'nt
answer his right at all. I want to work with getting him ready for
this kind of math problem, I think boys are lazy and don't like to
read and work the problem. Is there any help? He's a A-B Student in
math, but when it come to problem he droping his grade.

Thanks
Mrs. Curry

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question