From: Mia Tulao

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002012321:47:08
Subject: Re: Good algebra and geometry software

Hi! I am a High School Mathemtics teacher in an all-girls school in the Philippines. We are currently revising our High School Math Curriculum. At present, we have Introduction to Algebra for Yr I students and Basic Algebra for Yr II. For the juniors, they have a course that combines Advanced Algebra, Geometry and very basic Statistics. Our seniors take TRigonometry, Advanced Algebra and PreCalculus (we try to reach limits in Calculus, but often run out of time...)It's a tedious, but very exciting task... =) I was wondering if you had any ideas, tips, etc, on how to teach SETS(we usually cover it in 7th grade, Year I and then go on to Set Operations on Infinite SEts in Yr IV), FUNCTIONS AND RELATIONS (our biggest problem in this topic is how to make the concept of Domain and range clearer to the students) and COMPLEX NUMBERS (identifying, simplifying, up to vectors and finding the resultant). I was also wondering if you could recommend any books or Computer Aided Software. At present, we use Geometer's Sketchpad, Toolkit in Math,and the Boxer Algebra series, but are also re-evaluating their use. I checked out the website you gave, but there was a URL error. Thanks a lot for taking time out to read this! I hope to hear from you soon! M. Tulao Philippines

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/