From: Pat Westen <Bpwesten1@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005072421:53:11
Subject: Re: Homework and grading policies for high school

Susan,
I was reading your posting on how you motivate your high school
students to get their math homework done and also your grading
policies. I am a new teacher this year starting out teaching middle
school math in a small catholic school. One of the things in your
posting that caught my attention is the "MathForum Pow." What is this
and how do you use it? I like integrating group activities to keep the
students from sheer bordom and this "forum" gave me the thought that
this may be a group activity. I also like how you don't "give" your
students grades, they EARN them. Great!
Pat Westen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question