From: Richard Tchen <richard@mathforum.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005080512:07:56
Subject: Re: Re: Homework and grading policies for high school

Hi Pat,

Allow me to nudge Susan about replying to your kind note -- and
respond in the meantime.

> One of the things in your posting that caught my attention is the
> "MathForum Pow." What is this and how do you use it?

The Forum's Problems of the Week provide creative, non-routine
challenges for students in a mentored environment. If you haven't
already, please read more about them online at

Problems of the Week
   http://mathforum.org/pow/

In particular, Pat, check out some of the feedback the PoWs have
received over the course of their 12 years online

What Teachers Say
   http://mathforum.org/library/problems/teachers_say.html

> I like integrating group activities to keep the students from sheer
> bordom and this "forum" gave me the thought that this may be a group

> activity.

Thank you for saying as much.

Appreciatively,

--