Q&A #5103

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Grading policy

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Richard Tchen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005080512:07:56
Subject: Re: Re: Homework and grading policies for high school

Hi Pat, Allow me to nudge Susan about replying to your kind note -- and respond in the meantime. > One of the things in your posting that caught my attention is the > "MathForum Pow." What is this and how do you use it? The Forum's Problems of the Week provide creative, non-routine challenges for students in a mentored environment. If you haven't already, please read more about them online at Problems of the Week http://mathforum.org/pow/ In particular, Pat, check out some of the feedback the PoWs have received over the course of their 12 years online What Teachers Say http://mathforum.org/library/problems/teachers_say.html > I like integrating group activities to keep the students from sheer > bordom and this "forum" gave me the thought that this may be a group > activity. Thank you for saying as much. Appreciatively, -- Richard Tchen http://mathforum.org/ The Math Forum 3210 Cherry Street Philadelphia, PA 19104-2713 tel1: (215)895-1080 tel2: (800)756-7823 facs: (215)895-2964

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®