Q&A #5103

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Grading policy

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Richard Tchen <richard@mathforum.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005080511:07:56
Subject: Re: Re: Homework and grading policies for high school

Hi Pat,

Allow me to nudge Susan about replying to your kind note -- and
respond in the meantime.

> One of the things in your posting that caught my attention is the
> "MathForum Pow." What is this and how do you use it?

The Forum's Problems of the Week provide creative, non-routine
challenges for students in a mentored environment. If you haven't
already, please read more about them online at

Problems of the Week

In particular, Pat, check out some of the feedback the PoWs have
received over the course of their 12 years online

What Teachers Say

> I like integrating group activities to keep the students from sheer
> bordom and this "forum" gave me the thought that this may be a group

> activity.

Thank you for saying as much.

Richard Tchen

The Math Forum