From: Judy Hudek

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001011916:04:34
Subject: grades

I believe in order to have stuents ready for college, the grading system should be just as rigorous. Our local community college grades as follows: 1/3 homework, 2/3 tests and quizzes and 1/3 final exam. I do grade on completion of homework rather than right or wrong answers. We cover it in class as a reteach method. At the end of five assignments, I give a homeork quiz. This entails 1 problem from each assignment which is then graded for right and wrong. And believe me, it's not as easy as they think!! Then at the end of a chapter I give tests. They have to correct all tests and quizzes for a correction folder grade that counts as a quiz grade. Most of my former students college grades have been consistent with their high school grades.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/