From: Judy Hudek <jhudek@gwisd.esc2.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001011916:04:34
Subject: grades

    I believe in order to have stuents ready for college, the grading
system should be just as rigorous.  Our local community college grades
as follows:  1/3 homework, 2/3 tests and quizzes and 1/3 final exam.
I do grade on completion of homework rather than right or wrong
answers.  We cover it in class as a reteach method.  At the end of
five assignments, I give a homeork quiz.  This entails 1 problem from
each assignment which is then graded for right and wrong.  And believe
me, it's not as easy as they think!!  Then at the end of a chapter I
give tests.  They have to correct all tests and quizzes for a
correction folder grade that counts as a quiz grade.  Most of my
former students college grades have been consistent with their high
school grades.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®