From: Kevin B. <kevinbarnes@ev1.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001011915:12:00
Subject: Grading Policy

I teach High School Algebra II and Geometry.  My Homework/Grading
Policy is as follows: (But it is always changing as well)
 Each day a homework assignment is assigned.  The next day, the
students pass it to the person behind or in front of them and they
count how many problems that were attempted.  They then put this
number over the total number.  This is their completion grade.  If
they do less than 50% they do not receive any credit.  I feel homework
is effort grade.  This tells me how effort they put into their work.
I do get a lot of kids who copy and write only answers down, but this
comes out when quizzes are taken.  Homework only counts 15% of their
total grade.  Then we go over the answers and they ask any questions
that they have.

They also take a quiz every day or every other day.  this demonstrates
their actual knowledge.  If they make below an 80% on a quiz, they can
come in and take a make-up with the chance to bring it up to an 80%.

This is how things are going now.  But that doesn't mean that I won't
change it next year, or even next six weeks.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/