From: Daphne <realities95@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005072409:17:23
Subject: Re: Grading policy for homework

Bravo! Do not consider you idealistic at all. I teach at a high school
which requires each teacher to not only give homework but it must be
graded for accuracy. The majority of teachers assign homework Monday
-Thursday. As a math teacher I try to assign a no more than 20
problems each night. The only problem I encounter is the time checking
homework takes up. Students turn in homework as they enter class. When
the tardy bell rings I collect papers from the homework basket and
begin to grade as they are doing reviews, journal, etc. from previous
lessons. I then return papers and answers any questions. This is hard
to do when I have 30 students in class, which means I may not get
their homework back until the next day and this usually puts me behind
in grading.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®