Q&A #522

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching subtraction

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jennifer

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007010814:58:35
Subject: subtraction with borrowing

I am a tutor for k-3rd grades. I have a child that I tutor in math and reading 2 days a week. I have been tutoring 2 boys in math and reading at the same time and it is difficult considering one is poorest in reading and the other in math. The parent of the one that I have been tutoring in math has come to me to ask if I can tutor him privately after school and I agreed. He has trouble mostly with adding and subtracting (knowing when to add and when to subtract, when to borrow and when not to). He will have in one day and the next he won't. When we are doing a worksheet, one line he will do correctly the next he won't. How can I make the information I am teaching him stick??

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®