From: Jennifer <graftonjenn@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007010814:58:35
Subject: subtraction with borrowing

I am a tutor for k-3rd grades.  I have a child that I tutor in math
and reading 2 days a week.  I have been tutoring 2 boys in math and
reading at the same time and it is difficult considering one is
poorest in reading and the other in math.  The parent of the one that
I have been tutoring in math has come to me to ask if I can tutor him
privately after school and I agreed. He has trouble mostly with adding
and subtracting (knowing when to add and when to subtract, when to
borrow and when not to).   He will have in one day and the next he
won't.  When we are doing a worksheet, one line he will do correctly
the next he won't.  How can I make the information I am teaching him
stick??

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®