From: Leonito A. Fabian <fabianleonito@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2012113000:56:24
Subject: Re: Re: Chisenbop Tutorial

Hello Andy,
     I am Leonito Fabian from the Philippines and am a mathematics
teacher/trainor. In college, I'm teaching pure and applied mathematics
in business. In basic education, I'm training elementary teachers
speed mathematics using abacus, finger and mental mathematics.
Chisenbop is really very helpful in teaching preschoolers 'counting'
and graders basic addition and subtraction up to 99. DO YOU KNOW THAT
OUR 10 FINGERS IS NOT JUST UP TO 99 BUT TO 9,999?
     You mentioned multiplication using fingers. Yes,our ten fingers
can be used to multiply not just two 1-digit numbers but up to 99
times 99? I have developed these simple multiplication techniques
through the years.
     I teach children the basic multiplication facts not by mere
memorization as traditionally taught in schools but by different other
methods like multiplication using reference numbers, mental and finger
multiplication, multiplication using thc abacus either with the
Chinese 'suan pan' or the Japanese 'soroban'
     My fourth graders can easily complete a 99 X 99 multiplication
table. For them, learning the simple 9 X 9 multiplication table is so
easy.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®