Q&A #540

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching multiplication to SED/SLD middle schoolers

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Diane

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004022502:58:01
Subject: same to fifh grade student with Asperger's and Adhd possible Dyslexia

I am a parent trying to teach my son his times tables this has been a journey from 2nd grade having repeated it once now he is in fifth. I have tried several different methods but like the first teacher said doesn't seem to have recall on them. Can't get them out of his brain stuck in a file some where. I am going to pass on T2T to his general ed teacher. He knows 1-5 mostly Cindy idea might work if his teacher trys with him. issues with some of the fours though and six seven-twelve are most. His state test is coming up soon can or should we just give up and let him use the times table chart on the test? Need to add that to his accomodations any reason why the ed evaluator would not make this accomodation last year the reason stated was unfair advantage over his peers. In middle school it is allowed when should a student have mastery of the times tables? What is the nationial standard. In priviate school (it was third grade I don't have it either becuase I came from public to privite also found out much later I have some deslexia issues diagnoied in college. With writting and math and there is a well documented history of dyslexia in the family. Any help would be apprciated.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®