From: Diane <B Simon@SI .com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004022501:58:01
Subject: same to fifh grade student with Asperger's and Adhd possible Dyslexia

I am a parent trying to teach my son his times tables this has
been a journey from 2nd grade having repeated it once now he is
in fifth. I have tried several different methods but like the
first teacher said doesn't seem to have recall on them. Can't get
them out of his brain stuck in a file some where. I am going to
pass on T2T to his general ed teacher. He knows 1-5 mostly
Cindy idea might work if his teacher trys with him.
issues with some of the fours though and six seven-twelve are most.
His state test is coming up soon can or should we just give up
and let him use the times table chart on the test? Need to add that
to his accomodations any reason why the ed evaluator would not make
this accomodation last year the reason stated was unfair advantage
over his peers. In middle school it is allowed when should a
student have mastery of the times tables? What is the nationial
standard. In priviate school (it was third grade I don't have it
either becuase I came from public to privite also found out much
later I have some deslexia issues diagnoied in college. With writting
and math and there is a well documented history of dyslexia in
the family. Any help would be apprciated.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/