From: Loyd <loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003030707:14:56
Subject: Re: Mental calculation in maths

On 2003030700:59:36, Tanya Locke wrote:
>	Can you please tell me what the diameter of a round tank would be if
>it were 2 meters high and holds 2,000 litres?

Let me help you by saying that the formula for a cylinder is:
area of the base times the height or:

V = (pi)(r^2)h or volume = pi times radius squared times height.

You can solve for r in this literal equation.  (look in index of
algebra book for definition of literal equation).

To do this you will have to divide both sides by pixh and take the
square root.  Hope that helps.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®