From: Annette <ataylor@bcps.k12.va.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006012318:04:00
Subject: 100th Day activities

	I like to show the children 100 pennies, especially since my Pre-K
class is usually studying p when the 100th day rolls around.  Also,
soon we will study Presidents' Day and we talk about the presidents on
coins, especially the penny and then talk about how it takes 100
pennies to make a dollar.  It is maybe too late now, but I save the
pumpkin seeds from carving in October, wash and dry them, and count
out 100.  Each child can count out a group of 10.  We will also be
"cooking," taking a graham cracker stick and two round cookies, such
as vanilla wafers and tracing them with icing to make it look like
100.  I also made a chart, with 10 squares across and 10 squares down
beginning with 0 or with a blank space.  On it I wrote numerals to 100
and color codied so that hopefully some of the children will notice
the patterns.  For example, each 0 on the chart was green, each 1 on
was blue, each 2, red, each 3 orange, etc.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/