Q&A #5464

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: 100th Day activities

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Annette

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006012319:04:00
Subject: 100th Day activities

I like to show the children 100 pennies, especially since my Pre-K class is usually studying p when the 100th day rolls around. Also, soon we will study Presidents' Day and we talk about the presidents on coins, especially the penny and then talk about how it takes 100 pennies to make a dollar. It is maybe too late now, but I save the pumpkin seeds from carving in October, wash and dry them, and count out 100. Each child can count out a group of 10. We will also be "cooking," taking a graham cracker stick and two round cookies, such as vanilla wafers and tracing them with icing to make it look like 100. I also made a chart, with 10 squares across and 10 squares down beginning with 0 or with a blank space. On it I wrote numerals to 100 and color codied so that hopefully some of the children will notice the patterns. For example, each 0 on the chart was green, each 1 on was blue, each 2, red, each 3 orange, etc.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®