From: Mary D. <maryd92856@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003100920:26:11
Subject: RE: Another way of Teaching ADHD student multiplication tables

I don't claim to have all of the answers, but NOTHING worked except
for the very method that I was taught in the 4th grade--(and I'm fifty
now).  I got the old recording on cassette of "singing" the tables, (
I think the name was Palmer)and we rehearsed them over and over, even
marched around the house in time with the music, and with the ones he
had difficulty with, (9's) i would "write" them on his back as we sang
along.  The end of the story is fast forward several years and he got
a B in trigonometry and is now in calculus in college!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/