From: Mary D.

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003100920:26:11
Subject: RE: Another way of Teaching ADHD student multiplication tables

I don't claim to have all of the answers, but NOTHING worked except for the very method that I was taught in the 4th grade--(and I'm fifty now). I got the old recording on cassette of "singing" the tables, ( I think the name was Palmer)and we rehearsed them over and over, even marched around the house in time with the music, and with the ones he had difficulty with, (9's) i would "write" them on his back as we sang along. The end of the story is fast forward several years and he got a B in trigonometry and is now in calculus in college!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/