From: Loyd <;oydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003110111:24:45
Subject: Addition Worksheets Using Excel

The following worksheet is easy to make and once made for 2's as
shown, then it is easy to replace all the 2's with 3's etc. The top
row of each problem has the formula "=10*RAND() typed in.  You then
print this sheet and reproduce as necessary.  If you need one for
threes, just go to the first 2 in the lower number and insert a 3.
Then highlight the row and copy right.  That will put threes in all
the cells for that row.  Then select the entire row, copy and then
paste into each of the lower addends. May sound difficult, but it is
really very simple.  The next time you open up the worksheet, the
upper addend will be randomly selected so you have all the variety you
need.

The sheet shown here can be wider, but I was afraid it would wrap
around so I shortened each row.  My worksheets I make for
grandchildren have nine problems in each row.

It really pays for teachers to learn to use spreadsheets.

By the way, Excel will stay in alignment better than the following.

Addition:					NAME-------------

5	9	1	9	1	7	2
2	2	2	2	2	2	2
-------	-------	-------	-------	-------	-------	-------