Q&A #6073

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Mathematical terminology

T2T || FAQ || Teachers' Lounge || Browse || Search || T2T Associates || About T2T

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Brooke

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021613:53:33
Subject: terminology

I need to know the technical name for the line that goes over a repeating decimal. For example, 1/3 converted to a fraction is .333 and so on. What is the line that goes over the second or third '3' to convey that it is continually repeating?

Post a reply to this message
Post a related public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

Math Forum Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Math Forum Search

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.