From: Pam K.

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005072622:14:32
Subject: Homework teams

 From the perspective of a fifth grade teacher, I believe you are on
the right track having students work in groups. I find that group
work, diads or triads are extremely effective because it encourages
the participation of each member. Be forewarned, groups larger than 4
cause problems of slacking off of participants. Before groups begin,
specifics must be outlined relating to  time on task, incomplete
assignments, non participation, etc. Constant circulation around the
classroom is essential. Good luck.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®