From: Krishna <kvsmn@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001090314:27:20
Subject: First day of school

Hi everyone,

I try to get to know the students potential on the first day. I ask
each child to tell me two things they think they are very good at and
two things they would like to improve upon.
Then I distribute the various responsibilities to each group of
students in twos and threes. They go home happy that they have
something to look forward to.
If time permits I also try to find out if some of the parents can be
used as the resource person for some interesting activities. As a rule
I do not discuss anything to do with school work.

Hope this will be of help.
Krishna

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question