From: Krishna

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001090314:27:20
Subject: First day of school

Hi everyone, I try to get to know the students potential on the first day. I ask each child to tell me two things they think they are very good at and two things they would like to improve upon. Then I distribute the various responsibilities to each group of students in twos and threes. They go home happy that they have something to look forward to. If time permits I also try to find out if some of the parents can be used as the resource person for some interesting activities. As a rule I do not discuss anything to do with school work. Hope this will be of help. Krishna

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/