From: Kimberly Cran

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008081614:47:45
Subject: 1st day

On the 1st day of school I read the Gingerbread Man to my Kindergarten/1st grade class. I leave clues with the staff, such as: clinic, principal, cafeteria staff, media, etc. After we read the book, we go on a hunt to find the gingerbread man. We start off with our 1st clue which takes us to the media, when we get to the media, we see that the gingerbread man left us our next clue, etc.... to the various places. This helps hook the kids on where different locations are on campus. When we get back to the classroom we find the gingerbread man left us a special snack.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/