From: Kimberly Cran <Lpp18@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008081614:47:45
Subject: 1st day

On the 1st day of school I read the Gingerbread Man to my
Kindergarten/1st grade class. I leave clues with the staff, such as:
clinic, principal, cafeteria staff, media, etc. After we read the
book, we go on a hunt to find the gingerbread man. We start off with
our 1st clue which takes us to the media, when we get to the media, we
see that the gingerbread man left us our next clue, etc.... to the
various places. This helps hook the kids on where different locations
are on campus. When we get back to the classroom we find the
gingerbread man left us a special snack.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/