From: June <Jsullivan@sandomenico.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002042411:51:23
Subject: using manipulatives

Dear Valerie,
I agree with what both Ralph and Kimberly have shared re use of
manipulative and having time for free exploration.  Our classroom
manipulatives are stored in open shelving and have their "home spot"
where they need to be when not in use.  The students may use  them for
free exploration during "free time" but when we are using them for a
lsson, they know that there are certain boundries for the use of the
manipulatives.  We also play clean-up "games to see who can get the
supplies back "home" quickly and neatly.  Am I a control freak?
June

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®