Q&A #6969

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Use of manipulatives

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: June

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002042411:51:23
Subject: using manipulatives

Dear Valerie, I agree with what both Ralph and Kimberly have shared re use of manipulative and having time for free exploration. Our classroom manipulatives are stored in open shelving and have their "home spot" where they need to be when not in use. The students may use them for free exploration during "free time" but when we are using them for a lsson, they know that there are certain boundries for the use of the manipulatives. We also play clean-up "games to see who can get the supplies back "home" quickly and neatly. Am I a control freak? June

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®