From: Jeannie M. Sims <rjnsims@mindspring.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003062514:01:57
Subject: Lesson Study Math

Has this new procedure been studied well enough that it is know what
students it works for and which students are best served by other
teaching methods?  Does it work with American children as well as
Japanese children, with all the cultural differences in achievement
motivation and work ethic?  When you have a classroom with average,
gifted, and below average students, how does the lesson meet
everyone's needs?
Thanks much for the information.  This practice is new to me, and I
like to understand what is being proposed by my child's school.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/