From: gina <ginabean713>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005092816:58:35
Subject: Re: Rounding

I start this lesson with a jar of jellybeans.  I have each child write
down a guess.  Then we discussed why they DIDNT guess a certain way.
For example: Why didn't you say 10? or 20?  Why didn't you say 1,000
or 2,000.  Kids already grasp the concept of estimating, starting with
benchmarks makes it easier.

I use things like:

25 or 100?

How many people on a football team?