Q&A #7392

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: How do I teach rounding to fourth graders who just don't seem to get it?

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Angela

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003111301:22:00
Subject: Well this is what I do..

When the word "about" has been used in a word problem, typically I would have my students create a T-chart. On one side of the T-chart students write the word exact and on the other side they write the word estimate. In the problem that you stated previously students should have estimated each individually, then add to find the answer. Just the word "About" should be associated with estimation. I always use a T-chart with my class when working with these particular types of problems. Some students estimate/or use mental math without the use of the T-chart. Hope that helped you. Angela

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®