Q&A #7392

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: How do I teach rounding to fourth graders who just don't seem to get it?

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: teach4ever

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003062714:37:02
Subject: Re: Teaching rounding to 4th graders

To teach rounding to 4th graders, I use this lovely little rhyme: 0 through 4: Stays as before 5 through 9: Goes up the line. I use a number line and demonstrate this over and over again. The students really seem to get the hang of it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®