From: teach4ever

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003062714:37:02
Subject: Re: Teaching rounding to 4th graders

To teach rounding to 4th graders, I use this lovely little rhyme:

0 through 4:  Stays as before
5 through 9: Goes up the line.

I use a number line and demonstrate this over and over again.  The
students really seem to get the hang of it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/