Q&A #963

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Chicago Math program

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Lorie Houghton

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001071500:43:36
Subject: Re: great results

Thanks for the uplifting remarks on the everyday math series. My children who are going into 1st and 3rd have been in a Catholic school and we just recently decided to move them to a Local Charter school that is just being opened this year. I was a little skeptical about this series, because it seemed a lot that I read until now was very negative. I have to boys that are bright in Math, but haven't really been challenged in this area very much. I believe what you said is very true. No one really is comfortable with change, but it has been my experience that children will rise to greater expectations if we provide the right tools and give them the chance to learn and be exposed to new ideas and concepts. Thanks for the great words of encouragement on this math series. Oh by the way, many people believe that rote facts are not focused on enough in this series. Do you agree or is it just the way the teacher is presenting this math series. Thanks again, Lorie

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®