From: Lorie Houghton

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001071500:43:36
Subject: Re: great results

Thanks for the uplifting remarks on the everyday math series.  My
children who are going into 1st and 3rd have been in a Catholic school
and we just recently decided to move them to a Local Charter school
that is just being opened this year.  I was a little skeptical about
this series, because it seemed a lot that I read until now was very
negative.  I have to boys that are bright in Math, but haven't really
been challenged in this area very much.  I believe what you said is
very true.  No one really is comfortable with change, but it has been
my experience that children will rise to greater expectations if we
provide the right tools and give them the chance to learn and be
exposed to new ideas and concepts.  Thanks for the great words of
encouragement on this math series.  Oh by the way, many people believe
that rote facts are not focused on enough in this series.  Do you
agree or is it just the way the teacher is presenting this math
series.

Thanks again,
Lorie

Post a reply to this message