From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jan 29, 2003 at 23:24:12
Subject: Final exams

 I currently am teaching Pre-Calculus and Calculus at a small private school.
The seniors with who meet a certain attendance requirement and have an "A" can
opt out of finals.  The board is considering a plan to allow all high school
students who meet these standards to opt out of their finals.  I am a little
concerned that some students will not be adequately prepared for college
opting out of so many finals.  And I feel the review (especially in math) is
good to help them retain what they have learned.

I was wondering if there was any research on whether finals are beneficial for
the students that I can present to the board before they make a decision?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/