Q&A #10435

Final exams

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jan 29, 2003 at 23:24:12
Subject: Final exams

I currently am teaching Pre-Calculus and Calculus at a small private school. The seniors with who meet a certain attendance requirement and have an "A" can opt out of finals. The board is considering a plan to allow all high school students who meet these standards to opt out of their finals. I am a little concerned that some students will not be adequately prepared for college opting out of so many finals. And I feel the review (especially in math) is good to help them retain what they have learned. I was wondering if there was any research on whether finals are beneficial for the students that I can present to the board before they make a decision?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®