Q&A #1081

Computer aided instruction in introductory algebra

View entire discussion

From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 09, 1999 at 23:05:31
Subject: Re: Computer aided instruction in introductory algebra

The program I use is not CAI, it actually allows for you to input problems and build upon commands. It is called IBM Mathematics Exploration Toolkit. It was a DOS program that has not been replaced by anything fancy and new! There are additional lessons which are discovery in nature. My students love it! AND Learn from it! There is something new from Boxer Learning. www.boxer.com has a demo on-line. I was impressed with the kinds of problems, but you couldn't input your own. Let them know that T2T referred you to their site! I don't want a program that does all the work for my students ..... technology should ENHANCE the learning process!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if IBM is still selling MET.... don't buy the windows version....All of these other things like MAPLE, etc. are way too sophisticated for intro algebra students and does ALL the work! Let me know if you need more info! -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®