From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 10, 1999 at 10:14:10
Subject: Re: Geometry

There's an extensive resource bibliography on the Web of selected Children's
Trade Books in Math (Dorothy Giroux and Denise G. Dwyer, eds.): available
books that teach and reinforce math concepts. It's organized by topic: number
operations, money, large numbers, geometry, algebra books, miscellaneous.
See:

http://www.luc.edu/schools/education/csimath/zbib.htm

I know how your students felt, since my students felt the same way when I
read them stories about the lives of Mathematicians.  Specially stories
from  a book called "Mathematicians are people too".

Good luck.

 -Roya, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question