Q&A #1112

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 10, 1999 at 10:14:10
Subject: Re: Geometry

There's an extensive resource bibliography on the Web of selected Children's Trade Books in Math (Dorothy Giroux and Denise G. Dwyer, eds.): available books that teach and reinforce math concepts. It's organized by topic: number operations, money, large numbers, geometry, algebra books, miscellaneous. See: http://www.luc.edu/schools/education/csimath/zbib.htm I know how your students felt, since my students felt the same way when I read them stories about the lives of Mathematicians. Specially stories from a book called "Mathematicians are people too". Good luck. -Roya, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®