From: Theresa <Terr1e2@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 27, 1999 at 09:32:07
Subject: Rounding off-Estimation

I have a special education student that is on the third grade level in math.
I am trying to show her how to round off numbers.  I have told her that if
the second number is five or more to round up, and if it is less than five to
round down. I have used blocks for her to make groups of tens, saying if she
has 5 or more I give her the blocks, if she has less than 5 I get the blocks,
then have her count the blocks.  She was able to do it with the blocks, but
then she couldn't do it when it came time to putting the answers on paper.
Does anyone have an idea what else I can do with her?  She is becoming
frustrated and I don't want that to happen.
Thanks!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®