From: Marnie Rapaport
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 08, 1999 at 18:36:16
Subject: Speeding up

My 9 year old son (grade 3) is very accurate but is slow at completing his
tests (if there are 3 pages, he will complete 2). When he is doing homework,
if we say "focus" or some other magic word, he speeds right up and keeps the
accuracy. Since I cannot stand next to him in school, this is not a very good
solution. Do you have any suggestions. Annoyingly, he is a speed reader and
otherwise a very, very good student. If they stop the clock (which they do
not), all would be well.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®