From: Shirley Noble
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 12, 1999 at 05:15:52
Subject: Equivalence of coins

I am teaching grade 2, 7-8 year olds, in Melbourne, Australia. We are
participating in a Maths competition. The maths that the children have been
learning comprises of combinations of equivalent coins. e.g. 10c = 10c = 5c+
5c. Some of the children do not recognize the real value of money and can be
easily tricked into giving away more money than they recieve when playing a
trading game using real coins. Can you give me some ideas on teaching the
topic and presenting our findings in the competition.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/