From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 25, 2005 at 08:59:12
Subject: Re: maths

Dear Amianth, Thanks for writing to Teacher2Teacher. Did you find the FAQ that I mentioned in an earlier reply useful? http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/faq.manipulatives.html The first link to a T2T discussion on that FAQ asks a similar question, "What are the positive and negative aspects of using manipulatives, such as Unifix, Cuisenaire Rods, Dienes MAB or Mortensen Maths equipment in teaching mathematics for K-6?" http://mathforum.org/t2t/thread.taco?thread=3678 That question was posed in 2000 and there has been an ongoing discussion for 5 years. Please let us know how this helps you! >how to do an algebra question for elemantary using >manipulatives .negative and positive points of using manipulatives -Suzanne A., for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/ It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this possibility: http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/