Q&A #15671

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 25, 2005 at 08:59:12
Subject: Re: maths

Dear Amianth,

Thanks for writing to Teacher2Teacher. Did you find the FAQ that
I mentioned in an earlier reply useful?

The first link to a T2T discussion on that FAQ asks a similar
question, "What are the positive and negative aspects of using
manipulatives, such as Unifix, Cuisenaire Rods, Dienes MAB or
Mortensen Maths equipment in teaching mathematics for K-6?"

That question was posed in 2000 and there has been an ongoing
discussion for 5 years.

Please let us know how this helps you!

>how to do an algebra question for elemantary  using
>manipulatives .negative and positive points of using manipulatives

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum.
Please read more about this possibility:

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®