From: Rick (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 25, 1999 at 16:58:37
Subject: Re: Discrete Mathematics Text

I have a couple of suggestions, although I should warn you I have a bias
since I do some work for the company that has produced both of these.

I have used "For All Practical Purposes" for this student-group for a number
of years and found that the students enjoy it and learn a lot of mathematics
that they really cold not have not "gotten" from other settings. I think it
is in the fourth edition now.

The other that I am aware of, but have not used formally with kids is
"Discrete Mathematics." I like how it reads and I thinnk kids will too.

Both of these books were developed by COMAP and the publisher is WH Freeman
for each. If you go to www.comap.com, you can get more info, at least about
FAPP.

You might also do a search on the Net for other texts. Try "Discrete Math"
or "discrete math textbooks".

Good luck!

 -Rick, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®