From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 26, 1999 at 23:41:52
Subject: Re: Remedial mathematics

It is my guess that your student needs assistance with arithmetic as well as
problem solving. I will first point you to some of the lessons that I have
done with my seventh grade students. Some of them involve Internet access but
some of them are just on the Internet and you can get ideas from them.

If you go to:

http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/coyote/math/unit7.html

and from that page if you use the links on the left side of the page you can
also go to Units 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

There is a particular shareware program that I like to use with my students
to reinforce arithmetic and integer skills but it only comes in
Macintosh. So, if that happens to be your platform, you can download it here:

http://www.kidsdomain.com/down/mac/mathstars.html

Another resource that I would suggest would be using the Ask Dr. Math
Archives here:

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/drmath.elem.html

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/drmath.middle.html

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/drmath.high.html

If he needs practice on arithmetic skills you might check out some of the
ideas here:

http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/coyote/math/arithmetic.html

Then, someone else recently wrote asking for worksheets on the Internet and
this might be a way for your student to have some drill and practice in case
you do not have texts available for him. Here are some possibilities:

http://www.mathgen.com/

http://www.shearwater-boats.com/improvingeducation.org/math_worksheets.htm

http://www.caverns.com/~mkt/Mathematics/worksheetGenerator.html

If there are specific topics that you need help in finding ideas on I will be
happy to narrow the focus but I hope some of these ideas are helpful for you
to get started.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/