From: Jeffrey Copperthite <jeffrey.copperthite@wfha.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 04, 2006 at 09:48:53
Subject: Adapting a single math classroom for multiple curricula and grade levels

Next year our school is moving to a new campus and teachers will have
their own classrooms that all students will move to and from for each
subject.  Our school is departmentalized from 5th grade to 8th grade, and
I teach mathematics to grades 5 through 8.  From my experience, this is a
very unique situation for a math teacher to be in.  I basically have to
plan four different sets of lessons for four different curricula each
week, and next year I will finally have my own classroom (i've been
teaching 'from a cart' since I started at this school in 2004).  I have
begun to think about how I will set up a space that will accomodate four
different grade levels in the same mathematics classroom - i'm teaching
elementary math all the way to High school Algebra all in the same
setting.  I am just looking for some overall suggestions on how I should
maintain this mathematics classroom next year.  Any insight would be
appreciated.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®