Q&A #17111

Volume problem

View entire discussion

From: Patricia Foels <foels@adelphia.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 07, 2006 at 16:38:06
Subject: Volume problem

I was teaching my students about volume. We calculated the volume of the TV in the room. Once we had the answer I asked why it might be important to know the volume of the TV. One student stated that we would need to know how many wires and circuit boards, etc. we could fit inside. I completely agree. Another student said it might help us to fit the TV in a cabinet. While surface area might be the more appropriate measurement, wouldn't volume also be helpful? I didn't want to say no, but I didn't want to say yes. HELP!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®