From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 01, 1998 at 11:50:01
Subject: Helping my 7th grader understand math

My 7th grade daughter just doesn't seem to be grasping math at all. We have
tried everything. Her problem now of course is Algebra! She spends her lunch
hour with her math teacher, goes to the lab once a week after school, and my
husband has spent numerous hours trying to help her (he's really good with
math too) and my daughter seems to understand when the teacher, my husband or
anyone is going over it for the moment. But when it comes to taking test she
just bombs out. Her homework papers are A's and B's but her tests are D-, and
F's.

Does this sound like she has a learning disability that no one has detected
yet? We know how bright she is because in every other subject she gets A's and
B's. Is there something we are all missing, is there any other tool we should
be using? My husband and I are just sooo frustrated and disappointed in her.
How do we help her?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®