From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 11, 2007 at 00:23:33
Subject: Measuring the area of circles

A student asked me "Why do we use square inches to measure the area of the
circle? A circle is round and not square!" How can I explain to her why we
use square inches to measure the area of a circle?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/