From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 14, 2008 at 16:15:45
Subject: Teaching area of parallograms

When looking at a parallelogram and determining area, we use the base times
the vertical height and not the slanted height. So, I am assuming the slanted
height is not equal to the vertical height. I am just unclear about the
relationship between the vertical height and the slated "height." Is there
a direct relationship?  One that can be showed to students and played with?
I assume yes and it has to do with area of triangles since you can create a
triangle "inside" the parallelogram.
Thanks!!!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question