Q&A #19360

Teaching area of parallograms

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 14, 2008 at 16:15:45
Subject: Teaching area of parallograms

When looking at a parallelogram and determining area, we use the base times the vertical height and not the slanted height. So, I am assuming the slanted height is not equal to the vertical height. I am just unclear about the relationship between the vertical height and the slated "height." Is there a direct relationship? One that can be showed to students and played with? I assume yes and it has to do with area of triangles since you can create a triangle "inside" the parallelogram. Thanks!!!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®