From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 14, 2008 at 01:21:31
Subject: Software for creating trigonometric graphs and geometric figures

I am tutoring a student for the ACT who has been out of math for a while. For
review I like to compose worksheets for various topics. Currently I have been
using Scientific Notebook and MathType in MS Word. However, neither program
allows one to graph trig functions with the horizontal axis labeled as
multiples of pi. Nor have I figured out how to draw triangles, say, with
angles labeled. Can anyone suggest either how to do this, or another
easy-to-use program with such capabilities?

Some have suggested using GLE through MikTeX to produce a jpg which can then
be inserted into a Scientific Notebook or Word document. However, the
resulting graphs' labels have been too blurry for my taste.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/