Q&A #19931

Math Enrichment

View entire discussion

From: Claire (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 17, 2008 at 16:05:41
Subject: Re: Math Enrichment

Hi, Denise -- Thanks for writing to T2T. What a fun assignment! Are you familiar with our Problems of the Week service? They are challenging, non-routine problems that really engage kids in rich mathematical ideas, in a wide range of difficulty levels and topics. The details, including how to get a free 21-day subscription, are at: http://mathforum.org/pow/productinfo.html I manage the Math Fundamentals service (FunPoW), targeted at the content taught in gr 3-5. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it. Two other sources of projects for this age are: A Collection of Math Lessons, from Grades 3 Through 5, by Marilyn Burns About Teaching mathematics, A K-8 Resource, also by Marilyn Burns Both are available at http://www.mathsolutions.com/ They are the most well-worn books on my math teacher bookshelf. You might also check out our Teacher Exchange: http://mathforum.org/te/elementary.html You'll find many activities and projects that teachers have developed and shared. I hope this is helpful. -Claire, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®