From: Claire (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Nov 17, 2008 at 16:05:41
Subject: Re: Math Enrichment

Hi, Denise --

Thanks for writing to T2T. What a fun assignment!

Are you familiar with our Problems of the Week service? They are challenging,
non-routine problems that really engage kids in rich mathematical ideas, in a
wide range of difficulty levels and topics.

The details, including how to get a free 21-day subscription, are at:
http://mathforum.org/pow/productinfo.html
I manage the Math Fundamentals service (FunPoW), targeted at the content
taught in gr 3-5. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Two other sources of projects for this age are:
A Collection of Math Lessons, from Grades 3 Through 5, by Marilyn Burns
About Teaching mathematics, A K-8 Resource, also by Marilyn Burns
Both are available at http://www.mathsolutions.com/
They are the most well-worn books on my math teacher bookshelf.

You might also check out our Teacher Exchange:
http://mathforum.org/te/elementary.html
You'll find many activities and projects that teachers have developed and
shared.

I hope this is helpful.

 -Claire, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message