From: S. Rivera
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Sep 23, 1999 at 20:19:23
Subject: Place value blocks

How can I teach my fourth grade students that there are no ones, or tens
in a number such as 2,200?
I have tried place value blocks.  They seem to grasp it with the
manipulatives, however, when asked the question, "How many tens are in the
number 2,200?" A lot of my students respond " There are twenty."
This happens even after filling in a place value chart.
Help!!

Thank you,

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question