From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Oct 06, 1999 at 20:28:53
Subject: Re: Homeschooling Math

Barbara,

First of all, I think you might want to look at the Connected Mathematics
Project materials, published by Prentice Hall.  Saxon Math, as you have said,
is quite repetitive. I have found that children learn basic skills extremely
well with the Saxon books, but do not get enough thinking kinds of problems.

To find out more about Connected Mathematics, you can try the following Web
site:

http://www.phschool.com/product_information/math/middle_grades/
connected_math.html

You might also want to go to www.enc.org to download lessons, look at
projects or activities that would enhance his homeschooling experience. It
is important that he develop a sense that math is a changing process and not
a stagnant thing of right and/or wrong answers. He should be examining
mathematics as it relates to the world that one day will call upon him!

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/