Q&A #354

General help for a child with Learning Disabilities

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 13, 1998 at 02:00:09
Subject: General help for a child with Learning Disabilities

I have a 13 year old son who has real problems with math. His frustration level is very high when he is confronted with even simple math problems. I try not to pressure him but, I know he has to learn , I guess I'm just asking for some general ideas on how to get him interested enough to stick with it, or maybe how I can help lower his frustration. He doesn't seem to be able to retain information, Even his multiplication tables are extremely difficult for him. He can't seem to make the connection between related problems. Example: 6 X 7 or 7 X 6 and 42 divided by 7. Once he gets upset he shuts down and I can't do anything to get him going again for a few days. Any suggestions?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®