From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 13, 1998 at 02:00:09
Subject: General help for a child with Learning Disabilities

I have a 13 year old son who has real problems with math. His frustration
level is very high when he is confronted with even simple math problems.  I
try not to pressure him but, I know he has to learn , I guess I'm just
asking for some general ideas on how to get him interested enough to stick
with it, or maybe how I can help lower his frustration.

He doesn't seem to be able to retain information, Even his multiplication
tables are extremely difficult for him. He can't seem to make the connection
between related problems. Example: 6 X 7 or 7 X 6 and  42 divided by 7. Once
he gets upset he shuts down and I can't do anything to get him going again
for a few days. Any suggestions?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®