From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 11, 2000 at 06:06:12
Subject: Re: Motivated to teach?

I can remember wanting to be a teacher from a very early age.  I think
it is because my own teachers were such a strong influence in my life.  They
helped me feel worthy of love.  I think I love teaching now (after 20 years)
because I understand how children learn (I teach 5th grade, all subjects).  I
recognize how subtle changes in my instruction can help them see things
differently, more clearly.  I enjoy the challenge of getting through to all my
students, and motivating them to become empowered learners ( that is, to
learn because they want to...)

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question