Q&A #3646

Motivated to teach?

View entire discussion

From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 11, 2000 at 06:06:12
Subject: Re: Motivated to teach?

I can remember wanting to be a teacher from a very early age. I think it is because my own teachers were such a strong influence in my life. They helped me feel worthy of love. I think I love teaching now (after 20 years) because I understand how children learn (I teach 5th grade, all subjects). I recognize how subtle changes in my instruction can help them see things differently, more clearly. I enjoy the challenge of getting through to all my students, and motivating them to become empowered learners ( that is, to learn because they want to...) -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®